Speaking of Rylee's "crib", here are a few pictures of her room. Shamefully, I'm still not done with. I still have a few finishing touches to complete but it is done for the most part. Her room was made with lots of love. My grandad made over half of the furniture in her room, which I think is pretty cool.
This is my favorite piece. In 1989, when my mom was pregnant with my sister, Kaitlin, she tore a picture out of a magazine of a changing table exactly like this. She gave it to my grandad and be built it. The picture doesn't do justice but his craftmanship is amazing. Kaitlin will be needing this come August so we may have a knock down drag out over this :)
Kaitlin, my mom, and I handpainted the circles on her wall to match the inside of her crib bumper. Kaitlin and I picked out the fabric for her curtain and made it. I thought it added a different dimension and a pop of color. Kaitlin also made the mobile above her crib. It cast cool shadows on the walls for Rylee to follow.
My camera setting was off so sorry for the graniness. My grandad made this shelf for me when I was little. I painted it white and painted the end of the knobs to match the circles on her wall.
My grandad also made her accent table but I didn't get a shot of it. He is a very talented man!
Happy sleeping! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment